Twilight Girls Only Cricket
Cricket NSW have now formulated a complete female pathway for girls cricket.
In 2016/2017 there are many options for girls only cricket.
- The entry level program will continue. This is called the T20 Blast and will run as a twilight event on Friday nights and Saturday mornings. It is a lot of fun for the girls – music, games, skills. The intended age group is 7-12 year old girls with limited cricketing experience.
- For older girls with some cricketing experience there is a cricket league for you. The Sixers Girls Cricket League is an 8 a side T20 format.
This league is in 2 age categories. Under 13 and Under 17 (div 1 and div 2).
The options for girls only cricket for the upcoming season with CPCC:
- Girls 7 -12 years of age
The T20 blast program will again run as a twilight event on Friday night but will also be offered on Saturday mornings. This competition commences on 28 October. There is the option to play pre and post Christmas or just for one session. This competition is modified rules, 8 players a side and played with a soft ball.
Please contact us email@example.com if your daughter is interested in joining this competition.
- Girls 12 + (or those under 12 with some cricket experience)
The Sixers Girls Cricket League is a home and away competition played between 2 – 4.30pm on Saturday afternoons. There will be 2 age groups:
- U13 and
- U17 (div 1 and div 2) (as at 1 September 2015)
There are two ‘seasons’ for players and teams to choose from:
- Spring Season (15 Oct- 26 Nov)
- Summer Season (28 Jan- 18 Mar)
Any interested girls who are aged between 8 – 16 years should contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Deanne Hutt on 0416 183 482.
More information on the Sixers Girls Cricket League can be found at www.sydneysixersgirlscricket.com.au.
If the above options don’t suit, girls may be interested in joining a “mixed” Saturday morning team.
Girls can play up to 2 years below their age group in this competition.